Organic Bee Pollen – 100 g
Botanical Name: Apis mellifica
Bee pollen is considered one of nature's most complete foods as it contains nearly all nutrients required by humans. Bee pollen is rich in protein (approximately 40%), with easy to assimilate amino acids, and many vitamins, including B-complex and folic acid as well as a multitude of antioxidant flavonoids, such as myricetin, quercetin, rutin, and trans-cinnamic acid.
Bee pollen is sometimes called "Nature's gold". Just imagine, one teaspoon of pollen takes one single bee eight hours a day for one month to gather! Each bee pollen granule contains over two million grains of flower pollen and one teaspoonful contains over 2.5 billion grains of flower pollen. Consume mindfully and gratefully!
Over the centuries, bee pollen has been appreciated for its many uses:
- general energy booster, enhancing stamina and fighting off fatigue
- cardiovascular support attributed to potent anti-clotting powers and high content of rutin, an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen blood vessels and may correct cholesterol levels
- respiratory support due to anti-inflammatory properties which may help with allergies and asthma
- digestive support, as it contains enzymes that can aid in digestion and improve the intestinal flora
- immune support related to antibiotic-type properties and high content of antioxidants that may protect the cells from the damaging oxidation of free radicals
Common Use: Start with one teaspoon, preferably taken with a piece of fruit, as the fruit fibres (raw hemicellulose) reinforce the activity of the fresh pollen. Increase your intake every day by a few grains until reaching two teaspoons a day (10 ml). For normal daily intake, you may take up to one tablespoon (15 ml) daily. Bee pollen has a slightly sweet, chalky taste and it can be added to smoothies, salads, cereal, or enjoyed in any way.
Safety: Bee pollen appears to be safe for most individuals but if you have any pollen allergies, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or use blood thinning medications, please consult your healthcare provider before use.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, dry place in an airtight container. Refrigeration not required but recommended.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the CFIA or FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product has been packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.